[microsound-announce] KunstMusik #15: texts by Roden, Beuger, Werder, Montgomery ...

con-v.org info at con-v.org
Tue May 21 17:38:15 EDT 2013

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the new issue #15
<http://www.kunstmusik.org/pages/heft_015.html> of the acclaimed
magazine KunstMusik, with all the contents in English
for the first time.

KunstMusik #15 <http://www.kunstmusik.org/pages/heft_015.html>

format: full color magazine, 14cm x 21cm
language: English
pages: 72
price (euros): 8,45 (Germany), 10,45 (International)

KunstMusik started as a periodical. Each magazine will have its own host
in future who will use their own personal approach to lead you towards
music as an art form. Moreover, in our efforts to open up to a more
international readership we have decided to publish /exclusively in
English/ this time. The current issue's host is Spanish composer Miguel
Angel Tolosa. Working in the area of field recordings and drones, he
runs the con-v label in Madrid and focuses on contemporary developments
in electroacoustic music.

Contents:

All texts in English

MIGUEL ANGEL TOLOSA: INTRODUCTION

STEVE RODEN: 265 x 433 (EXCERPT)
Excerpts from a diary of daily performances of John Cage's 4' 33'':
Notes, sketches, lists of sounds, concrete poetry, short prose texts.

ANTOINE BEUGER/SAMUEL VRIEZEN: ASKING QUESTIONS, TRYING ANSWERS
Documentation of an e-mail-coversation: the inside and the outside name
of music, the pre-existence of pieces, intercorrelations in music, the
politics in musical form, participation, extra-musical influences and
atmosphere, is there ever an end to be written?

MANFRED WERDER: SCORES
Six score facsimiles and a photo. Objets trouvés in performance

WILL MONTGOMERY: FIVE WAYS OF LOOKING AT MANFRED WERDER
Five experiences from watching the endles in-space-performances by
Manfred Werder. Sound and absence, space and awaiting. The feeling of
abundance.

WADE MATTHEWS: THREE SUPPOSITIONS
Music as a dishrag: music as something that absorbs what it touches.
Invading and shaping sound. Music as a die: the graceful and fragile
gesture of flinging out a tone. Music as a mark: creating meaning and
orientation.

MATTIN: NOISE VS CONCEPTUAL ART
Final and extended version of this fine, political text. The anarchy of
noise. Noise as meta-chaos. Noise in the state of crisis. In extremes we
meet!

http://www.kunstmusik.org

Thanks for your attention,
Miguel Angel Tolosa / con-v.org / kunstmusik.org